Sunday, January 27, 2013

Book Reading (or Listening) Challenge 10th Book

10. "Dial C for Chihuahua" by Waverly Curtis Hardcover

Waverly Curtis is two people; Waverly Fitzgerald and Curt Colbert. This is their first book. In a word...cute. I dove into it with enthusiasm.  I purchased it because the title made me giggle (you would be surprised how any books I purchase and read as a result of the title tickling my fancy!). It slowed quite a bit in the middle, but since I ALWAYS finish a book that I start, I read along until it sped up again and in the end, I found that I enjoyed it. I am reserving final judgement until I read the second in the series, "Chihuahua Confidential".

In this series, we have a talking chihuahua, a divorcee who is trying to get back on her feet after leaving a cheating husband, several unusual characters and a new love interest...possibly.  Another thing that this book series has in it's favor is that the authors are donating a portion of all book sales to the ASPCA (a charity that I also support). I know that is not a typical reason one keeps purchasing books, but if I find the stories cute, they make me smile, and is for a good cause, then that is good enough reason for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment