Friday, January 18, 2013

Book Reading (or Listening) Challenge 5th Book

5. "Bruja Brouhaha" by Rochelle Staab Paperback

This is the second of Ms. Staab's books that I have read. She writes about different "religions" and psychiatry through her main characters Liz Cooper (psychiatrist) and Nick Garfiled (professor of religious studies). I picked up the first one purely because I liked the title "Who Do Voodoo?" I enjoyed it so much that I did not hesitate to purchase the next. This time, instead of getting a peek at voodoo, we are allowed to learn a little about Santeria. I find myself eager to learn about all types of worship and religion and I love me a good mystery, so this was a win-win for me. The story started out at a good pace, slowed a little near the middle, but then tied everything together neatly at the finish. I enjoyed it and look forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment