Friday, January 25, 2013

Book Reading (or Listening) Challenge 8th and 9th Books

8. "Doom with a View" by Victoria Laurie Paperback

I started reading Victoria Laurie's books a few years ago when I picked up the first in her first Ghost Hunter Mystery Series, "What's a Ghoul to Do?". It was so different and so interesting, that when I found that she also writes The Psychic Eye Mysteries, I dove right in with the first one, "Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye" and have been devouring her books ever since.

"Doom with a View" is the seventh one in the Psychic Eye series. Abby has come a long way, both in her professional life as a psychic and in her romantic life with her FBI boyfriend Dutch Rivers. In this story, she and her best friend, Candice Fusco (a private investigator), work with the FBI to find the missing children of US Senators and Representatives. Not only do they have to deal with skeptical FBI agents, but with a deranged serial killer.

Ms. Laurie IS a professional psychic who also is an author. I believe that she is a genuine psychic, but that is not what makes to books so good. She is a great writer who gets you hooked in the story early and keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very end.

I am sure that before this challenge is done, I will have read several more of Victoria Laurie's books and enjoyed them all (and I don't need a psychic to tell me that!).


9. "Notorious Nineteen" by Janet Evanovich Audio Book (and Hardback)

I keep reading reviews lately in which individuals really trash Ms. Evanovich's books calling them "more of the same" or "please make Stephanie Plum grow up and get a life" and other words to that affect. I. DON'T. CARE! I LOVE her books. I will continue to read them and listen to them. I will wait with excitement for each new installment. I will purchase the "Plum Books" and the "Wicked Books" and the other books with her name on them. Her books make me laugh out loud. They make me smile.

This book contains all the essentials; Cars blowing up, FTA 's with interesting back-stories, rocket launchers, bad guys, senior citizens, Morelli and Bob, Ranger, Lula and Connie and of course Stephanie.

Keep writing Ms. Evanovich. I will continue to read and listen until you run out of numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment