Friday, January 4, 2013

Book Reading (or Listening) Challenge (The Beginning)

I love books! I love to read! So...I joined a book challenge "Read A Latte". I am going to read as many books as I can this year from January 1 to December 31, 2013 and post reviews or at least the titles of the books here on my blog.

Here goes:

1. "File M for Murder" by Miranda James   Paperback

I really enjoy cozy mysteries, especially cozy mysteries with animals. This one has a cat; a Maine Coon named Diesel. The other characters are human, and that's cool too. The main human, Charlie Harris, is a librarian who inherited his Aunt's house and has moved in after his wife passed away. This is the third book in the series and I have enjoyed each in turn. The stories are well thought out, have engaging plots and showcase Diesel who gets his name from the sound of his purr. We meet people from Charlie's work, his boarders, his children and old and new friends. All in all, a good read.

2. "Dead in the Family" by Charlaine Harris   Audio Book

This is the 10th book in Ms Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. I like Sookie. I like reading about vampires and werewolves and shape shifters and fairies and witches and telepaths. Many people have panned this book as not having any "new" things happen. I happened to like it as much as I like the other books in the series. I listen to books while I exercise, either on the stationary bike or while I take my daily walk. I guess I just like to be read to. I feel like I "know" the characters in a series especially if I've invested so much time to read, or listen to, all the books, so I just want to get to the end...to see what happens next.

Two down...Seventy-three to go...
Keep checking back to see my progress and maybe pick up one or two to read or listen to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment