Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Book Reading (or Listening) Challenge 40th and 41st Book

40. "Dead Ever After" by Charlaine Harris (Audiobook)

41. "Inferno" by Dan Brown (Hardback)

I must say here that I really enjoyed these books, in spite of all the truly negative comments made by people who have read them before I did. It's comparable to all the bad reviews that Janet Evanovich has been getting on the most recent Stephanie Plum books! Come on people!  Janet has a formula for her writing and I LOVE IT! The Stephanie Plum books are mind candy. One reads them for the shear joy of reading funny stories about a "Jersey Girl".  I am also amazed at all the vitriol written in some of the reviews I have read for Charlaine's Sookie Stackhouse! I don't watch "True Blood" (I don't watch much television at all) so I cannot get on board with all the folks who watch the show, but there is one thing I do know...I wasn't very happy when Eric and Sookie became a couple. Apparently, there are so many people upset with Charlaine for the way she treated their break-up. All I can say is "whatever" Then we come to Dan Brown; to be honest, I have been seeing more bad reviews for "The Lost Symbol" than for "Inferno", but then again, "Inferno" was released recently. Again, I like the way Dan Brown writes. His short chapters, non-stop action and all the history and art and symbolism are what attracts me to his writing. I have enjoyed all his books, some more than others, but as in the case of Janet Evanovich and Charlaine Harris, I will continue to buy their books and I am pretty sure I will enjoy each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment